PROJECT: MEGAFACES PAVILION IN THE OLYMPIC PARK IN SOCHI
PLACE: SOCHI, OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC GAMES
DATE: FEBRUARY 7 – MARCH 14, 2014
“MegaFon” Pavilion in the Olympic Park was a true sensation of the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi. MegaFaces captured the attention of the leading world mass media, including Time Magazine, CNN and NBC. According to the web-version of Advertising Age, the project was inside the top five creative events of the week.
MegaFaces Pavilion in the Olympic Park in Sochi was an interactive high-tech structure with gigantic 3D portraits of dozens thousands of Russian fans shown on one of its walls by means of a special technical solution. Each visitor of the pavilion could take part in 3D scanning and find their place in history.
3D portraits were created with 11,000 telescopic cylinder pipes. Each of them could be pushed forward 2 meters maximum, which was used to make three-dimensional forms in architectural scale.
Project author is a well-known London architect Asif Khan.
TASKS OF THE AGENCY:
• To develop the idea of Pavilion in the Olympic Park;
• To coordinate the project from the initial stage and carry out designer control over its implementation;
• BTL-activations inside the Pavilion;
• To ensure proper functioning of the pavilion during Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games 2014 in Sochi;
• PR support: development of PR-campaign, holding press-conferences, initiation of newsworthy events and publications in Russian and foreign printed media.
Over 140 thousand sports fans from 106 countries placed their 3D selfies as big as a three-storeyed house on the façade of MegaFaces Pavilion.
Over a thousand of publications and TV commentaries about the project in Russian and international mass media made MegaFaces Pavilion one of the symbols of the Olympics 2014.
“MegaFon” was recognized the most innovative brand of the Olympics by 96% of the Olympic Park visitors.